Friday, November 9, 2007

lessons learned and places revisited

I am certainly no luddite when it comes to these things, but it is enjoyable finding that my local library is finally getting a foothold on the technologies that will make ourt lives so much simpler. I especially enjoy reading about the "new' tools out there, the myspace, the facebook, the librarything, and knowing that I have been an activ and participating member for quite some time.

Like I said, I'm not techno-geek, but I am all for using technology and it's associuated tools to make our jobs that much easier to relate to and provide service to our patrons!

Bring on the next lessons!!! I value the day when we shall be able to provide our reference services from our home, on those days that traffic, weather or illness prevents us from being at our 100% best...

As it is, having a web enabled pda with a shortened dewey listing is a valuable tool, an even better choice would be to have wifi accessible catalogs on our pdas?...but that is in the future...perhaps not too far away!

No comments: